What is TikTok Affiliate? A Guide For TikTok Affiliate Marketing
What is TikTok Affiliate?
TikTok Affiliate is a marketing method for content creators like KOC/KOL to promote products/services for businesses through engaging videos. These creators place an affiliate link in their TikTok bio, directing viewers to a website containing the products being advertised.
The main purpose is to stimulate users’ shopping desires using specially made TikTok videos. More importantly, creators can earn commissions from businesses as long as people click on the product links.
To reap a share of the revenue from TikTok Affiliate marketing, you need to create captivating video content. However, plain engaging content will not be enough for viewers. You need to address their needs and incentivize them to click on the links in your bio.
TikTok Affiliate is how content creators promote products
How does TikTok Affiliate marketing benefit businesses?
Increased revenue is only the tip of the iceberg, as businesses can remarkably benefit from this new marketing method. Here are three of the main perks of TikTok Affiliate
Increasing brand awareness
Becoming a TikTok affiliate is an effective method to enhance brand awareness for sellers. This platform attracts a large and influential user community, aiding in building and bolstering brand recognition.
One of the most crucial factors is the influence of TikTokers. Collaborating with popular content creators with a strong following on TikTok brings your brand closer to the users.
Raise brand awareness with the help of TikTok Affiliate
Approaching potential customers
Thanks to its massive community, TikTok is an ideal platform to reach your target customers. TikTok affiliate marketing allows sellers to attract these customers with the help of videos containing shopping links or livestream sessions.
TikTok Affiliate marketing can significantly boost revenue
Establishing credibility for the store
As the large customer base with significant brand awareness persists, stores and brand will cement their positions as industry leaders. Since KOC/KOLs play a major role in this method, their influence can act as the catalyst to generate trust from users.
Naturally, the opinions of these content creators hold significant weight in their communities. So when they endorse or promote your products, users will feel more confident with their purchases. Additionally, the ability to interact and receive positive feedback from viewers on this platform also contributes to the overall credibility.
Booking reputable KOC/KOL can enhance credibility of brands
What are the perks of becoming a TikTok Affiliate for content creators?
TikTok Affiliate marketing creates a win-win situation for both businesses and content creators. As brands enjoy a rise in reputation and revenue, the affiliates also have some major advantages like:
Receiving commissions for their work
The TikTok Affiliate program can be an income source thanks to commissions from businesses. When you share product links, you can make money for each transaction generated through that link. When users make purchases or perform necessary actions through your provided links, you will receive a commission from your partners.
You do not even need users to purchase at all. If they click on your link and add products to their cart within a specific period (usually around 30 days), you will receive a commission for that order, provided that they do not click on any other link.
No need for any initial capital
TikTok Affiliate marketing does not require any money upfront. All you need to do is sign up for the program and start creating content as well as promoting the products or services of the partners you have previously registered for.
Expanding your customer base
KOL/KOC can attract new viewers and potential customers by being a TikTok Affiliate. Participating in the program can help these content creators increase their key engagement metrics on the platform. Meanwhile, it brings them opportunities to fill different shoes, such as a brand ambassador or partner.
TikTok Affiliate marketing guide for vendors
Are you a vendor looking to leverage the tremendous potential of TikTok for affiliate marketing? Follow these steps to properly implement a TikTok Affiliate marketing program.
TikTok Affiliate marketing instructions
3 TikTok Affiliate marketing types
- Open Plan: As the name suggests, this is an open-for-all campaign. When content creators sign up and get approved, they can start promoting affiliate products. This is a way to widen the marketing network and increase the opportunity to reach many content creators on TikTok.
- Targeted Plan: In this campaign, brands already have certain names in mind. It is a way to leverage the influence of popular TikTokers and build close partnerships with them.
- Shop Plan: In this plan, sellers can assign a specific commission rate for all their products. It creates a motivation for content creators to promote and sell a large number of products from the seller’s store. This plan is often suitable for large stores or vendors with a diverse range of products.
Note: In order of priority, Open Plan comes first, followed by Target Plan, and finally, Shop Plan. However, depending on the business model and goals of their store, the vendor may evaluate their options. Choose the most suitable type of campaign to achieve the best possible affiliate marketing results for the business.
Connecting with content creators
These detailed steps can take vendors one step closer to TikTok KOC/KOL for collaboration in affiliate marketing and sales:
- 1. Access the TikTok Shop Seller Center and select “Affiliate Marketing”.
- 2. Navigate to the “Find Creators” section and click on “Creator Marketplace.”
- 3. Fill in relevant information like followers’ age and gender, product categories, and other follower demographics. Then, search and single out the creators that align best with your goals.
- 4. Once you have identified suitable creators, share your product or service links with them and discuss collaboration opportunities.
TikTok Affiliate guide for KOC and KOL
Many users are aware of the considerable opportunities from TikTok but still figuring out where to start. Refer to the detailed steps of TikTok Affiliate marketing to help you earn more income effectively:
Step 1: Register a personal account
Make a personal account for affiliate marketing on TikTok
Step 2: Make a TikTok Shop account
Next, create a TikTok Shop account and fill in all the required information such as: email, phone number, and password.
After registering, you will need to verify your account. Make sure that you provide accurate and valid information to ensure the authenticity and reliability of your TikTok Shop account.
Sign up for a personal account to be an affiliate on TikTok
Step 3: Link your TikTok Shop account with your personal
- Access the “My Account” section on TikTok Shop. Select “Linked Accounts” and “Link New TikTok Account.”
- In the displayed information, select “Type: Official Account and TikTok Account,” then enter your TikTok account name and press “Next.”
- If the account is in blue, press “Send Invitation.”
- Access the TikTok app and navigate to the “Notifications” section.
- Press “Accept Request” and then press “Link Account.”
Link your TikTok Shop with your personal account
Step 4: Register for commissions from TikTok Shop
You need to register an account for commissions on TikTok Shop when you add an affiliate product for the first time. All you need to enter are your first and last name.
Create an account for commissions
Note: Please enter your name accurately according to the name on your bank account to receive commissions without any hindrance. Kindly verify the entered information to prevent errors in your commission payment.
Step 5: Add affiliate products
Following the account setup process, you can now search and add TikTok Shop products you wish to promote:
- Enter the product name in the search box on TikTok Shop to find vendors selling said product.
- Select the product you want to promote from the list of search results.
- Click “Select,” and then choose “Add” to add the product to your store on TikTok Shop.
Note: You can add multiple linked products to your store to expand your catalog and increase the potential for affiliate marketing on TikTok.
Step 6: Make videos and add product links
As part of the TikTok Shop Affiliate program, you can add product links to your videos or livestreams. This is how to do it:
- Film the video: Create video content related to the product you are doing marketing for. Strive to produce engaging, creative, and captivating content to attract viewers’ attention.
- Edit the TikTok video: During the editing process, you can tap on “Add link” to incorporate the product link into your video.
- Select a product from the store and click “Add”: Find and choose the products you want to promote from the TikTok Shop store. Attach the link of those products to your video.
- Click “Publish” to complete: When you are done with the linking, click “Publish video” to upload and share it with viewers on TikTok.
How to make and post TikTok videos
Tips for TikTok Affiliate Marketing
Lastly, here are some last-minute pointers before you venture into affiliate marketing on TikTok to grow your brand and channel.
Connecting with credible shops
Choose reputable shops with positive reviews: Before affiliating yourself with a product, check the reviews from previous buyers. Take a look at the shops to ensure product and service quality and maintain your reputation. From that, pick out the shops that are verified or receive great word-of-mouth feedback. On the other hand, avoid vendors with slow delivery or order cancellations.
Agree on the commission rate: Before accepting product affiliations, discuss and finalize the commission rate with the shop. This helps prevent situations where the shop arbitrarily reduces the commission after you have registered and promoted the product.
Check the linked product on the video
Double-check whether the product links have been attached and lead to the correct page before uploading your video. Customers can only place orders with a product link present, and only then can you earn commissions from these affiliations.
Confirmation and withdrawal time for commissions
During this period, the TikTok Shop Affiliate platform will confirm and process your commissions. Typically, commissions will be confirmed within 14 days from order completion. Then you will have to wait an additional 7 to 16 days for the transfer to your account. Grasping this timeframe helps you plan and manage your income from TikTok affiliate marketing effectively.
On Digitals hope that you have gained some valuable knowledge about TikTok affiliate marketing. Thanks to these shared insights, readers may leverage this platform as a viable income source for the digitalized era.
- Consumer Confidence Index Vietnam: A Boost in The Thriving Market
- A Closer Look at Vietnam’s Primary Payment Methods
- The Top B2C Digital Marketing Trends in Vietnam to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- SEO company Vietnam: How to elevate your digital marketing efforts
- What are the advantages of doing business in Vietnam?
with digital growth?