Top 10 SERP Tracking Software for 2023
A common SEO misconception is that SEO copywriting content equates to high site rankings, but this formula is missing an element - a helping hand from a SERP checker software to optimize your content and site rankings. In this article, On Digitals will introduce to you 10 most popular names on the list of SEO masters when it comes to choosing a SERP checker software.
Google Analytics by Google is used to analyze websites with high accuracy. It is one of the most widely used SERPs software, especially for enterprise SEO.
After the step of SEO optimization, you can use Google Analytics to analyze your website and audience (site user) behaviors. The data provided will help you chart your next plan and make smart changes to improve your SEO strategy.
Some noteworthy features of Google Analytics are:
- Track the number of users accessing the website, manage website information and data such as the access and exit time, pageviews, the number of audience, etc.
- Track and manage site user behaviors.
- Control the number of visitors accessing the site in real time.
- Analyze the path traveled by users to the website.
- Support interfacing with other tools such as Google Tag Manager, Adwords, etc.
Google Search Console
Many user reviews rate Google Search Console or GSC as the best and easiest to use SEO software. It helps you collect all data of the website, especially performance data. Besides, with Google Search Console, you will know which keywords are favored by real users visiting your site.
In addition, GSC also supports the disclosure of website data to Google search engine, such as a new sitemap or index content. Specifically, with the Disavow Link feature, GSC helps you disavow unwanted backlinks.
Semrush is a distinguished name in many reviews for SERPs software. This tool allows up to 7 day free trial. After that, you will have the choice to subscribe from $119 to $449 per month.
Below are several highlighted features of Semrush, most useful when implementing SEO campaigns for your site:
- Provide organic traffic data.
- Support checking for technical errors on the site.
- Analyze the number of visitors.
- Analyze keyword rankings, content, keyword competition of competitors' websites.
- Analyze link building effectiveness of competitors' websites.
Screaming Frog is currently considered a popular web crawling software supporting SEO practitioners. It can crawl up to 500 URLs of a given website per user. However, data collected for free is not as thorough as in the paid version. Therefore Screaming Frog is most suitable for blogs or small and medium projects.
Also, if you need to crawl websites with more data, it's worth considering a paid upgrade. With only €185, you get to enjoy every feature of Screaming Frog for one year. The upgrade allows access to some extra features such as:
- Search for broken links
- Support data extraction with XPath feature
SEO Quake is a cost-effective, high-quality SEO support software. Most SEO practitioners, both junior and senior, leverage this tool on web browsers to support SEO implementation.
SEO Quake is an extension that helps you quickly analyze and check the Onpage SEO elements of a specific URL. In addition, it also supports checking traffic, links, number of shares on social media sites and keyword density of the website.
By this way, you can quickly pinpoint any error on your site and choose the best solutions to implement. To install SEO Quake, visit Chrome Web Store. Some outstanding features of SEO Quake include:
- Analyze Onpage SEO effectiveness
- Compare URLs
- Analyze keyword density
- Check internal and external links
Ahrefs is a popular SERP tracking software for SEO practitioners in Vietnam. It can effectively retrieve large-scale backlink data. Ahrefs tool supports keyword research and competitor analysis.
However, the competitor data provided should only be taken as a reference. So, if accuracy is imperative to your goal, consider letting Google Search Console join the crew.
Ahrefs provides almost everything an SEO practitioner may need:
- Research for keywords
- Check website rankings
- Support to disavow backlinks
- Audit websites
- And many other SEO features.
Beware: Don't abuse the tool. Use Ahrefs only for what it's intended to do and perform white-hat SEO practices.
Google Keyword Planner
Keyword Planner is a free keyword research tool for Google advertising. It provides a lot of useful data for SEO keyword planning.
Google Keyword Planner uses Google's own data sources to collect data and can filter by country or location. Many consider this the most popular and preferred keyword research software for SEO campaigns.
Keyword Planner offers outstanding features, such as:
- Provide search volume data
- Search and analyze questions in which users are interested
- Provide keyword ideas from competitors
- Check out profitable keywords by reviewing suggested bids
- Analyze and check keywords in nearby locations
SimilarWeb is one of the most commonly used SEO software thanks to its security and effectiveness in supporting traffic research on competitors. SimilarWeb offers up to 5 free results per data.
Yoast SEO for Onpage SEO
If you have given some shots at WordPress, Yoast SEO surely is no stranger. It is the most used SERP tracking software worldwide, installed on over 30 million sites. Yoast SEO helps you optimize your content in the most effective and creative way.
Rank Math is developed with the main focus on Onpage SEO and to edit SEO copywriting content on basic or advanced websites. It has over 500,000 visits and many free SEO features. To websites built on WordPress, Rank Math is considered a direct competitor of Yoast SEO.
Some perks Rank Math offers are:
- Easy-to-follow installation wizard for free
- Simple, neat and easy to use interface
- Google 404 error
- Automatic SEO for images
- Google Trends and Keywords Comparison Tool
- Website evaluation based on 40 SEO factors
- Support in all contexts: tooltips, notifications, help tabs, etc.
Why do we need SERP tracking software?
Many may question the necessity of a SERP checker software in their SEO strategy. In the current 4.0 era, SEO-optimized websites are no longer an anomaly, making the competition more and more fierce. To take the throne, you have no way else but to constantly update and improve your website's SEO efficiency to meet the demands of users.
Despite various enterprise SEO practices on the market, the ultimate purpose of SEO is to improve the site rankings on SERPs, and that puts a SERP software on your priority list. This tool will help you answer important questions like why rankings move up or down; why traffic grows in this direction; why this content has high conversions; etc.
Some reasons why you should use specialized SERP tracking softwares to support SEO plans:
- Save time in implementing SEO processes by collecting and filtering valuable data. Of course with the support of tools, all tasks will be completed in a shorter time, such as analyzing all quality backlinks without opening each page to check.
- With the right SERP checker software, you can easily analyze the pros and cons of your running campaigns by looking at overview reports. In addition, the tool can promptly identify and analyze all competitor websites.
- Automate tasks, such as searching and detecting errors in every article.
- Data is classified and displayed more clearly, which helps you easily manage traffic, ranking, etc.
- Contribute to quick revenue and profit boost for businesses. And most importantly, they are cost-effective.
With the top 10 best SERP softwares that On Digitals introduces to you, hopefully you have obtained valuable insights to support your SEO implementation. Remember, there is no limit in combining these tools to get the most out of their features and implement effective SEO campaigns for your website.If you want more information about SEO services, contact On Digitals today to receive dedicated consultation and tailored solutions.